music for the 42 step

Anything related to Tai Chi (Taijiquan)

Moderators: C. Earl Todd, montat

music for the 42 step

Postby jurahawk » Fri May 02, 2008 10:07 am

Hi everybody
Has anyone got music of suitable time duration for the 42 step. It would be much appreciated.

my email is

peter-hart1@tiscali.co.uk
jurahawk

music for the 42 step

Postby C. Earl Todd » Mon May 26, 2008 10:42 pm

jurahawk,

I'm not sure why no one has answered your question.

One reason might be that it sort of gets the "cart before the horse". Music, timed to do the "42 step", depends entirely on how fast you do the "42 Step". Most people, and properly, do thier Taiji, qigong, or whatever, to the timing of thier breath. How fast do you breathe?

I suggest that you find some music to your liking and do your "42 Step" according to your breath, while you listen to your music. When you are done with your "42 Step", turn off the music, or listen to the end, as pleases you.

You might also consider doing your "42 Step" according to your breath, but concentrate your thought on precision while doing each step. You'll be surprised at how little you miss the music.
C. Earl Todd

Postby TaijiMonk » Tue May 27, 2008 10:44 am

TaijiMonk

taichi music for 1st-nth steps

Postby pelikan » Wed May 28, 2008 9:53 am

hello,

i think the term "taichi music" refer to any music that makes you relax, and stay focused on what you are doing. that would mean any music would do, depending on the pace you do or practice your taichi. one friend told me that they used jazz music for their practice. others prefer japanese, chinese flute or other "conventional" meditation music. i think the rule is to each his own.

a greman theater instructor once told me that the best music for him to relax and concentrate was SILENCE. he praticed taichi too.

i think music complements the focus on the movements. it depends on how you practice it.

pelikan
pelikan

Re: music for the 42 step

Postby smsm_kanaria » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:20 am

jurahawk wrote:Hi everybody
Has anyone got music of suitable time duration for the 42 step. It would be much appreciated.

my email is

smsm_kanaria

Re: music for the 42 step

Postby John Paul » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:20 am

jurahawk wrote:Hi everybody

my email is

This is my favourite. I hope you like it. The performer is Wu Amin, a well known taichi sifu/teacher.

http://youtu.be/A-T7FO_dfRw
John Paul

Return to Tai Chi