Effect of Tai Chi Shibashi?

Share your thought and experience with Tai Chi Qigong Shibashi

Moderators: C. Earl Todd, montat

Effect of Tai Chi Shibashi?

Postby hebbargk » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:49 pm

Dear friends, :D
I have been practicing TCQ Shibashi 1st set since about 4 months now. To be frank with you all, I was taking alcohol about once a week and smoke 4 to 5 cigarettes along with my drink. Slowly I started getting a repulsion to both drink and cigarettes. I started feeling lousy for the next two to three days, even with very moderate quantities of wine. For the past one month I have totally given up smoking and drinking and I feel great. I would like to know whether any other Tai Chi practioner has experienced such repulsion? Can I attribute it to my practice of Tai Chi or is it psychological :?:
hebbargk
hebbargk

Postby GravStars » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:40 pm

I hope it helps me quit smoking too! i have just started learning shibashi. I have only practiced qigong sporadically in the past but I remember several really good sessions where afterwords I could not finish a whole cigarette - I just didn't want to. I have heard that this is not uncommon with qigong, and I don't think it's only psychological. It seems like the clearer your qi/energy is, the more your body just wants to reject poisons.
GravStars

Postby hebbargk » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:49 am

Gravstars,
I think the key is regular practice. Doing it sporadically nullifies the effect. I have been doing the 1st set religiously every morning. I think you have a point - after you accumulate sufficient Qi - your body tends to reject the poisons.
hebbargk
hebbargk

Postby GravStars » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:02 pm

Hi Hebbargk,

Yes you're right about sporadic practice - it's something I'm working on. I have done the shibashi set several times so far and I feel very good afterwards. This, and testimonials like yours, inspire me to practice more regularly.
GravStars

Return to Your Experience with Shibashi